Sunday, August 3, 2008

No more of the apostate word-faith movement

From http://jesus-is-lord.com/nomore.txt



*************EMAIL #1***********

Subject: Wonderful Site!
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:42:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: webmaster@jesus-is-lord.com

Dear Sister Tracy,

I recently discovered your website and had to write to tell you what a
blessing it has been. My wife and I have been trying to find a church home
here in ------. This area is heavily saturated with
Romanists (in fact I was one but saw the Light, Praise the Lord!) and many
of the more prominent churches seem to be Word-Faith based.

My wife and I have studied and spoken long together, and searched within
ourselves. We both believe in the Word of God and believe all that is
written therein. Your articles, especially those on bible versions, have
been very helpful. One church we tried used the NKJV so we bought some
inexpensive copies (this was over 5 years ago). I wondered then about that
sign on the cover but foolishly did not research it. The first bible I
bought after being saved was an NIV. I had no idea, being a new believer,
and relied on their prefatory comments stating the accuracy of their work.
Oh how deceived I was! We have recently purged all these from our home and
are reading our KJB's and sticking with it. The church we found recently
uses the KJB (we had already decided we would not stay if they did not) and
so far, so good. It is not word-faith either, but is non-denominational.
We have been listening closely to the pastor's messages and are measuring
what we are taught against God's Word.

The articles we read about the Toronto and Brownsville movements bore up
what we felt also. One pastor we had (the one who used the NKJV) took his
whole family, his co-pastor, and the music ministry to Toronto and then to
Brownsville. We left the church shortly thereafter as they attempted to do
the same things in their church.

I realized after reading many of the articles on your site why I was so
confused in my walk. The churches we had tried had us reading Kenneth
Hagin, Marilyn Hickey, and one pastor even gave us a Jesse DuPlantis video
saying "what a blessing this is." Nothing set right, I could not find
scriptures to back up what they were saying and started to think I was
missing something. I always had reservations about "slaying in the spirit"
(could not find scripture on that) and always wondered when we were told
"ok, pray in tongues now" (especially with Paul's warnings to the church
about using tongues in a service). My wife and I, after study, prayer, and
much discussion have decided to stick with the Word. If it is in there then
it is so, if not, it is of man. I thank you for the information you have
available as it has helped us to get back on our path.

God bless you and your work!

*************EMAIL #2***********

Dear Sister Tracy;

I wrote you yesterday and mentioned in my letter that my wife and I were delivered from the
word-faith movement. You indicated in your response that you would like more information on
how we got out.

Let me first explain some of the things that made us question if this church was the right
place to be:

1) The first thing we noticed is they used the NKJV and would quote often from the Amplified
and even the NIV. We asked and were given the same deceptive answer the NKJV has in its
prefatory comments about merely being "updated English". We bought inexpensive versions to use
at church but read our KJB Bibles at home. We noticed inconsistencies but let them go for a
time. How foolish when one looks back....

2) The speaking of tongues was promoted heavily and you were made to feel that "if you can't
do it, you are not truly saved" and made to feel not part of the group. Never mind that the
church leadership's use of tongues was ALWAYS the same phrases and syllables. When asked one
gets told "it is a spiritual language we were not meant to understand anyway".

3) "Slain in the spirit"... this bothered me from the get go. I had been saved in a baptist
church and had never heard anything like this or seen anything like this. My wife had seen it
before. I was curious so I went up one service to see. The pastor laid hands on me and, well,
nothing. I was told to "let go" and "be filled" and sure enough, push hard enough on someone's
forehead and they fall down. That is all that happened. But, I was now part of the group.
Oh, deception...

4) "The annointing"...this also confused me. The leader of the music ministry would actually
flap her arms like a bird to "spread the annointing around" because "it was too much to handle"
on her own. This got even worse after the church leadership went to Toronto for their share of
"the blessing". When they came back, more and more vineyard style songs crept in and once,
during one worship song she said "make love to him, make love to God". My wife and I were
shocked and embarassed at what she said. Sad but true, this woman and her husband now have
their own church spawned off the one we were in. Deception spreads.....

5) We were always told "do not question what happens" just "let the spirit move". I wondered
what spirit was moving especially near the end of our time there. When I would question where
in scripture something was I was always told "do not dampen the spirit" and "don't be a
hindrance to the service in your lack of faith".

We got away because we never stopped questioning, searched through our King James Bibles, and
listened to our hearts. We never felt comfortable at all, always felt something was amiss.
Listen to what they say and test it against scripture. Never listen when told NOT to look at
the Word of God to verify what is happening. God revealed to us ALL we need to know and we
believed it and stuck with it. Watch how they back up what they do. We were given Kenneth
Hagin literature, Marilyn Hickey literature, Jesse DuPlantis videotapes by the pastor to
explain what they were doing and why and we accepted it for a time. DON"T!!! Make them show
you in a King James Bible that what they say is true! If it is not in there then it is not to
be! That is how we got out of the lie by clinging to the very Word of God as given in the King
James Bible. We have destroyed all of our NKJV, the NIV, and all Kenneth Hagin books. All we
read now is what we should have read all along--King James Bibles with no study notes, n

Praise the Lord!!

********EMAIL #3*********

Sister Tracy,

You have permission to publish the testimony as you asked.

Oh! We found a good church!! It is an independent Baptist church, KJV
Bible only (in fact, Sunday school last week was "why we use the King
James Bible"). They are very fundamental. So far so good!

Praise the Lord!

No comments: